Monday, July 28, 2014

Getting out of the House

 Gladwyne, Pennsylvania is a lovely town.  Parts of it date to pre-Revolutionary times.  Although there are no good sidewalks, it is easy to walk from Laura's house to a coffee shop, grocery store, library, and a beautiful nature preserve.  I loved walking along Mill Creek and exploring the area last week.

Granger, Indiana is not the same.  I don't find walking in our neighborhood all that interesting.   Last night, Jim welcomed my walking along while he golfed nine holes, but in spite of his excellent company, I agree with Mark Twain who considered golf "a good walk spoiled."

I decided, however, that I had to get out of the house and do something.  So I drove the short distance to Notre Dame, parked the car, and walked to the Grotto to pray.  I lit a candle as I have done often over the years--this time praying for Jim's eyesight and the mysterious infection in his "good eye" that is causing us concern and worry.

The bonus of my little adventure was the lovely sunset over St. Mary's Lake--almost as good as the sunsets I hope we will see over Lake Michigan soon.  I was glad I made the effort to get out and have my own little adventure close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment